[OT?] ADOBE DROPS FLASH for HTML5

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Nov 11 23:03:01 EST 2011

Colin-

> I may have misunderstood that. The fact that you can include the
> runtime in an application doesn't stop people from using the
> separate AIR runtime. If you have a case where an AIR update broke
> something, let me know, I'm on the AIR beta and can let them know.

This is getting way off topic here, even in spite of the OT heading,
and I wouldn't mind continuing this offlist. So in a nutshell, Adobe
has killed AIR on linux. I'm using FlexMonkey and need the 5.1.1.
release, which requires a newer version of AIR than I had installed.
There's no current version and the previous version didn't install on
my Fedora machine. I'm using ant scripts to build because a)we build
them on a CI machine so it has to be outside the IDE and b)Adobe
killed their IDE on linux last year. So I've moved the ant scripts to
a Windows VM because I can read the writing on the wall. Sed is still
giving me problems, but that's a Windows issue and I'll get it sorted
soon enough.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net