Mac video conversion from command line?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Nov 11 13:46:01 EST 2011

Hi Phil,

I use QuickTime or VLC to convert movies to web-compatible formats. VLC may also work from the command line. I have also used ffmpeg but this is ridiculously complicated. Usually, if the goal is to embed a movie on a website, I just upload it to Vimeo and embed the Vimeo movie on the website.

There are gazillions of GUI's for ffmpeg already. You could try to do better than your predecessor. If you succeed, then it'll be very rewarding.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com