standalone settings vanished linux

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Nov 11 09:32:58 EST 2011

Hello Peter -

> When I try to do standalone settings (this is 4.5.2 but it is also in my
> other versions) it opens a file selection dialogue and not the usual
> settings screen.  Anyone else experienced this?  Or any idea what its due
> to?

The method by which LC saves standalone build settings does not differ
by platform; for all of them if embeds the settings in a custom property
set of the stack (cRevStandaloneSettings, if memory serves).

Are you sure you saved the file after establishing the settings?

Also, note that the Save As dialog will always come up unless you choose
the option in the Standalone Settings to specify a target path to build
into by default.

I believe that once you set that, and then save the stack, you should
have a simpler one-click build process going forward.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World