Wasting space on the forum.

Peter M. Brigham, MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 18:50:32 EST 2011

I also prefer to see something about the current thread in the reply itself, at least enough to recognize the context. It drives me crazy to see a short reply to something and then "View this message in context:..." -- mostly I ignore such messages when the subject header doesn't immediately illuminate things, which it may not, if the last piece of the thread dates back a week or so.

However, I'm in favor of brevity as long as it doesn't sacrifice intelligibility. It only takes a minute to edit the quotes to shorten things up and, especially, delete the repeated 5-line "use-livecode mailing list..." footers, which really are a waste of space.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig