[OT?] ADOBE DROPS FLASH for HTML5

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Wed Nov 9 15:50:04 EST 2011

I've been constructing new pages as HTML5 for over a year.  One item to
note is that the rules are different than html 4.x and things that were
allowed before with  ( loose ) will not validate. Constructing a web page
with old habits could lead to 10-30 errors when attempting to validate as
HTML5 , even though it might look fine in one's own browser.

My iRev/ lc HTML5 pages always ended up with too many errors and only
recently have I figured out what was wrong. It's about the headers. I've
learned a lot about creating quality, verifiable HTML5 code using the w3C
validator <http://validator.w3.org/>

To share with those trying to make validated HTML5 pages using Livecode
server: <http://www.jazzcubed.com/>

*[  do this before any other HTML is sent: (this will make Apache talk
UTF-8 ) ]*

<?lc

put new header "Content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8"

?>

*[   this html startup and header code validates for me ]*

* <!DOCTYPE html>*
* <html>*
* <head>*
* <meta charset="UTF-8">*
* <title>Jazzcubed Records</title>*
* <link rel="icon"  type="image/png" href="favicon.ico" />*
* </head>*
* <body>*
 *[content]*
* </body>*
* </html>*

so simple and clean, universal now.  I like the standard.

sqb

On 9 November 2011 10:40, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> Nice.  Very nice.
>
> Another platform distinction gone, further commoditizing OSes, which is
> always helpful for us cross-platform devs.
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA