[OT?] ADOBE DROPS FLASH for HTML5

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Wed Nov 9 14:08:02 EST 2011

> Nice.  Very nice.
>
> Another platform distinction gone, further commoditizing
> OSes, which is always helpful for us cross-platform devs.

Im not sure how to feel about this.

Simple Flash stuff ran terribly on some devices. I have a site that has a
Flash based gallery - nothing too complex, which would not render properly
on some devices.

On the other hand, this means Flash developers are going to have to think
twice about using Flash because of mobile device deployment. Doing this -
yeah, I think the writing is on the wall for Flash. Now Flash developers can
feel what Director users have been feeling for some time ;-)

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software