Passing Parameters

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Mon Nov 7 03:28:02 EST 2011

On Mac OS X, you can do it from the command line.

1) create a standalone app (named "Untitled1" in this example) that has this
stack script:

    on startup
         dispatch $1 to me
         quit
    end startup

    on incoming
         beep
    end incoming

2) create a different stack with this BUTTON script:

    on mouseUp
         answer file "Pick the app:"
         if it = empty then exit to top

         get shell (it & "/Contents/MacOS/Untitled1 incoming")
         put the result after msg
    end mouseUp

3) click the button. It should start the "Untitled1" app and you should hear the
beep. At least it works here.

I haven't tried this on Windows, but I bet something similar would work there.

Phil Davis