Waiting for 'shell'

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Tue Nov 1 17:26:05 EDT 2011

On 11/01/2011 03:47 PM, Roger Eller wrote:
> I've done this on Mac and Windows, but I would expect it to work on Linux
> too.
>
> ~Roger

Putting something like "show animated.gif > get shell("cp fileLocA
fileLocB") in a button leaves the animated gif completely static during
the copy operation. Interestingly, the gif is static the whole time -
until the copy is finished - even if there is a wait before the get
shell(). Perhaps you are doing something a little more
involved/complicated to display the gif?

Warren