a shake and a wiggle

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Tue Nov 1 03:09:30 EDT 2011

Hi Nicolas,
I post the script I sent you here for anybody who has followed this thread.

Make a button called "wiggleBehavior" for the behavior of the objects you
want to delete by the gesture. Set it's script to:

local sX, sLastTime, sCountWiggle = 0, sMove = false, sOldDirection
on mouseDown
      put item 1 of the clickLoc into sX
      put the milliseconds into sLastTime
      put true into sMove
      grab me
end mouseDown

on mouseMove x
   if not sMove then exit mouseMove
   put x-sX into tDiffX
   put x into sX

   if tDiffX = 0 then exit mouseMove

   put tDiffX >0 into tDirection

   if  the milliseconds - sLastTime < 600 then  -- change intervall as
needed
      if not (tDirection = sOldDirection) then
         add 1 to sCountWiggle
      end if
   else
      put the milliseconds into sLastTime
      put 0 into sCountWiggle
   end if

   put tDirection into sOldDirection

   if sCountWiggle > 4 then -- change condition as needed
      put false into sMove
      put the long id of me into tMyID
      send "delete tMyID" to me in 0 milliseconds

     -- script in the card, makes new button, for testing mainly
      -- send "makeNewButton" to this card in 3 milliseconds -- unblock if
needed
      beep
   end if
end mouseMove

on mouseUp
   put false into sMove
   put 0 into sCountWiggle
end mouseUp

on mouseRelease
   mouseUp
end mouseRelease

set the card script to the following script if you want a new button every
time the old one is deleted, unblock "send "makeNewButton"... in the
behavior script

on makeNewButton
   create button
   set the loc of the last button to 100,100
   set the behavior of the last button to the long id of button
"wiggleBehavior"
   set the backgroundColor of the last button to any line of the colorNames
   set the label of the last button to "wiggle me"
end makeNewButton

make a button and set it's behavior to the long ID of the button
"wiggleBehavior" (or issue "makeNewButton" from the messageBox if you have
set the card script to the code above.

Now you can wiggle a button and it will delete itself. Adjust the sampling
intervall and number of changes in direction as indicated in the script if
needed.

Kind regards

Bernd