Unicode and revBrowser: "selected" property and callback messages

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sun May 29 10:12:29 EDT 2011

Yeah, can get around it easy by using a url-less link. Just #theword instead
of http://fullurl.com/mypage.html#theword

I really have zero idea what to do about the unicode stuff, but if you can
figure out how to make it work when grabbing the text with
revbrowserget(sbrowserId,"selecterd") then I have a super easy way to get
the word. Again, no CLUE how to make it work with the unicode, but I have a
quicky test stack here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11957935/wordRet.livecode

In this case, i'm not passing the word as part of a url, just using a fake
navigate to kick livecode into action.

The button toggles the browser on and off, double clicking a word does a
navigate, and then revbrowserget is used to get the selected text (side
affect of the double click)

There is a hidden field with my very simple text and javascript. With
non-unicode it works great, doubt unicode will, so you're still up against
your main problem, but hopefully, progress will be made. I think your idea
of doing a conversion on one end, then converting back is great, so that
would require passing the info, not cheating and using the selected text
like in my example.