How to replace just the first found space with tab for all lines in a variable?

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 07:23:29 EDT 2011

On May 26, 2011, at 3:11 AM, Alex Tweedly wrote

> How embarrassing !!
> I tested this in my message box, and had a typo (almost invisible
> space) in the input data.
> Sorry Jim (and Keith).

Nah, Alex, not embarrassing at all.
This is how everyone learns some of the odd rules.
This is probably only the second time you made a typo after all these
years on the list.
and I can't remember the first one :-)

So many of us enjoy quickly answering questions and solving puzzles,
it is natural that bloopers will happen.
I think the key is to have fun with them.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas