use-livecode Digest, Vol 92, Issue 46

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon May 23 14:37:20 EDT 2011

On 5/23/11 12:34 PM, J Scott Saults wrote:
> Sorry, I don't know how or what you mean by disabling uac; please
> explain how and I'll try it.
>
> Regarding another suggestion to run in 32-bit mode, I don't know how
> to set that  in Win7 either, but it does run OK on another PC with
> 64-bit Win7, and on the this (Mac) computer in a  64-bit XP Parallel
> vm.  I have tried different settings for compatibility including XP
> sp2, and run as administrator.. So far,  adjusting the compatibility
> mode hasn't made any difference.

Changing compatibility is what I meant. So you've already tried that.

> I haven't received any response to my tech assistance request to
> RunRev.

It can take 2 business days, and they're pretty busy right now. I do
some of the tech support for RR and most likely your ticket will get
sent over to me -- and so far, I don't know the answer. There may be a
log written to your system that might give some clues. Look in your
user's App Data folder for a folder called RunRev, and in there you
should see both a Logs folder and a Crash folder. See if either of those
contain any files that have logged any problems. Check for the files
immediately after LiveCode shuts down and before you try to restart it,
since some of those files get erased on every startup.

I'm not using Windows OS right now, but if you can't find the right
folders let me know and I'll start it up and find the exact folder path.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com