LiveCode 4.6.1 message path and behaviors

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Mon May 23 03:54:02 EDT 2011

> don't address a person directly, maybe someone else would have helped, but now you scared them away :P
Perhaps they're just enjoying the spectacle of yet another poor naïve fool trying to boil the ocean! ;-)

It's clear now that my question, which sought factual clarification, has raised questions of LiveCode philosophy, developer perspective and architecture. There is clearly no single correct answer, no 'unified theory'.

So, I'll rein-in my quest for clarity, share how I'm attempting to apply MVC principles in LiveCode for my (Revlet-based) web application/integration purposes and if that helps others, great. If nothing else, more experienced LiveCode users could have a good laugh at the mistakes - yes, Saturday night is Schadenfreude night! ;-)

Thanks for the pointer to the '@' parameter prefix - potentially very interesting.
Best,
Keith..