How to preserving XML tag string formats in variables?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Sat May 21 17:45:57 EDT 2011

Is it important that return and cr are two different things, depending on the OS? I was told that return means cr/lf on a Mac system and maybe windows, while Linux/Unix systems interpret it as something different. CR is a single carriage return. Do I have this right? Does this matter to your particular application?

Bob

Sent from my iPad