LiveCode 4.6.1 message path and behaviors

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Fri May 20 06:59:41 EDT 2011

Hi folks,
In attempt to get my head around behaviors, I have revisited Trevor DeVore's Live 09 presentation on Behaviors and Custom Controls and put together my own map of (my understanding of) the 4.6.1 message path with standard and optional objects http://db.tt/dUrt0nL (Having seen great top-down and bottom-up examples, I thought I'd go left-to-right!)

Is my map correct concerning the behavior feedback loops? Trevor spoke of the calling object 'getting first dibs' on the behavior's script, but Figure 3 of Richard Gaskin's excellent resource on the message path http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/revolution_message_path.html shows only flow towards the engine (maybe feedback loops were omitted for clarity?).
Best,
Keith..