[OT] MacDefender

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Thu May 19 14:47:06 EDT 2011

I turned off all automatic updates on her machine then I told my mother to
NEVER install anything, to always call me first and that I would help her
take care of it using screen sharing.

She did, and she was very alert for anomalies after that. Screen sharing is
a great thing for helping aging parents. She was pretty good online until
the last year.

On 19 May 2011 11:38, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> On 5/19/11 1:08 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
>
>> Anyway, if you've
>> downloaded and installed this thing, then you get what you deserve. Any
>> app
>> I'm going to install or buy will have to be investigated first before I
>> let
>> it touch my hard drive.
>>

> I want to agree in general, but we're not completely representative of the
> Mac user base. My mother would have panicked and installed it. She only
> knows how to use her Mac to get email, and still doesn't understand what
> Finder does.
>
> --
>
> Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA