Livecode Crashes with Image Source Set to a URL

FlexibleLearning admin at FlexibleLearning.com
Thu May 19 14:48:08 EDT 2011

Hi Ray,

Just a suggestion...

on mouseUp
   lock messages
   go next card
   put the short name of this cd into fld "CardName"
   --| Add this line...
   get flushEvents("all")
   --| And this for completeness...
   unlock messages
end mouseUp

Does it solve your problem?

You are also not unlocking messages, which (techincally) is a "good thing to
do" unless there is a good reason not to do so.

Hugh Senior
FLCo

Ray Horsley <ray at linkit.com> wrote:

I've created a simple stack of 3 cards with Prev and Next buttons to
navigate through them.  Each card has a single field with a single character
whose imageSource is set to a URL, for example:

http://linkit.com/Schools/ETS%20Items/ETS%20Item%20Bank/ETS10Q1/01%20Full%20
Bank/06%20Math%20QTI%20with%20GUIDs%20and%2096dpi%20PNG/Grade%2007Math-51/im
ages/mml1616474.png

To make sure no other handlers are running unnecessarily I've written the
button scripts as:

on mouseUp
   lock messages
   go next card
   put the short name of this cd into fld "CardName"
end mouseUp

Nonetheless, if you repeatedly click either the Prev or Next button rapidly
Livecode will crash (quit unexpectedly and without warning).  In some cases
the stack file itself becomes coruppted and can not be re-opened.

(I'd love to share this tiny stack with anybody who's interested.  Please
let me know.)

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks,

Ray