[OT] MacDefender

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Thu May 19 14:24:29 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 2:08 PM, stephen barncard
<stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com> wrote:
> Touched a nerve. Sorry for the soapbox.
>
> Actually most mac users are USED to seeing these cheezy popups which always
> lie and the ads usually refer to Windows (the links are zip files that fail
> harmlessly).
>
> Most mac users are informed enough about this stuff to ignore it anyway.
>
> Anyway, if you've downloaded and installed this thing, then you get what
> you deserve.

I don't believe that anyone DESERVES to get a virus.  There are
newbies (noobs) even to the intuitive Mac OS.  There are innocent
little grandmothers that got a Mac mini for Mothers Day.  Do they
deserve to get a virus because they didn't know not to install it?
Hmmm... I must have gotten my nerve touched too.

~Roger