Livecode Crashes with Image Source Set to a URL

Ray Horsley ray at linkit.com
Thu May 19 11:28:54 EDT 2011

Greetings,

I've created a simple stack of 3 cards with Prev and Next buttons to
navigate through them.  Each card has a single field with a single character
whose imageSource is set to a URL, for example:

http://linkit.com/Schools/ETS%20Items/ETS%20Item%20Bank/ETS10Q1/01%20Full%20
Bank/06%20Math%20QTI%20with%20GUIDs%20and%2096dpi%20PNG/Grade%2007Math-51/im
ages/mml1616474.png

To make sure no other handlers are running unnecessarily I've written the
button scripts as:

on mouseUp

   lock messages

   go next card

   put the short name of this cd into fld "CardName"

end mouseUp

Nonetheless, if you repeatedly click either the Prev or Next button rapidly
Livecode will crash (quit unexpectedly and without warning).  In some cases
the stack file itself becomes coruppted and can not be re-opened.

(I'd love to share this tiny stack with anybody who's interested.  Please
let me know.)

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks,

Ray