Obscuring password data in a data grid

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Mon May 16 11:32:01 EDT 2011

Richard,

Make a stack with the following script in the stack script:

on openStack
     insert script of btn 3 of me into back
end openStack

The back script should be:

on bla
     return the text of fld 1 of stack "x"
end bla

and the AppleScript:

tell application "LiveCode 4.6.1"
	set x to choose file
	set thePath to the POSIX path of x
	do script "go stack \"" & thePath & "\""
	do script "bla; return the result"
end tell

Run the AppleScript, choose your "hack" stack, excute whatever you like and retrieve the result.

You can do this with standalones, too.

There might be a much simpler solution, but I know this works.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com