XMLAndArray library ConvertXMLToArray() function - prep.

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sat May 14 11:14:46 EDT 2011

On May 14, 2011, at 7:24 AM, Keith Clarke wrote:
> I'm learning about XML & Arrays by attempting to process some web
> service call responses using the ConvertXMLToArray() in Trevor
> DeVore's XMLAndArrays library http://revonline2.runrev.com/stack/571/XMLAndArrays
>
> The XML data looks fine to the human eye when put into a field, but
> the output array from the above function seems to be empty.
>
> I noticed in the library's related TestXMLToArray function (which
> works on an imported file and then calls the above) that there is
> some pre-processing with "put URL ("binfile:" & it) into theXML" but
> I tried this without success.
>
> Any clues as to what I've overlooked?

There is one data source I found on the internet that I had to use the
following:

replace null with empty in outsiderDataBlock

The filter command fails if any null chars are in the text block.

Additionally, can you inspect the text block in something like BBEdit
so you can see any odd chars?

Jim Ault
Las Vegas