CouchDB

Todd Geist todd at geistinteractive.com
Fri May 13 18:19:15 EDT 2011

Hello Andre,

Mobile Couchbase is a slimmed down small as possible version of CouchBase.
 It is still written in Erlang.  And it still based on Apache CouchDB.  I
think they are much more like different distros  of the same application,
then they are different applications.

Again, I don't really care if it was written in Old English,  :>)

What care about is the Synchronization. And if mobile CouchBase can be
turned into an external for Live Code I think that would be a very good
thing.  Especially for the mobile platform.

Todd

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Andre Garzia <andre at andregarzia.com> wrote:

> Todd,
>
> You are mixing CouchDB Server with Mobile Couchbase. Mobile Couchbase (
> http://www.couchbase.com/products-and-services/mobile-couchbase ) is a
> product that will basically synchronizes your data on your device, it is
> not
> a full featured CouchDB server but hey, mobile couchbase is a wonderful
> product and it has a good use. I think mobile couchbase could be made into
> an external with the new external API. This way, your application would be
> able to syncronize and cache data from a CouchDB server.
>
> but my opinion stands, can't embed CouchDB. Mobile couchbase might be what
> you need.
>
> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Todd Geist <todd at geistinteractive.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Thanks again for more responses
> >
> > But my interest in couchDB is about getting  a database with built in
> world
> > class synchronization.
> >
> > If it can be embedded in iOS apps and Android apps why can't it be
> embedded
> > in LiveCode apps.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Todd
> >
> > On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin <
> > ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:

> > schemaless
> > >
> > > Note, that Valentina DB from yet 1998 year offers
> > > Very reach NON-SQL API.
> > >
> > > And V4REV - Valentina for Revolution/Livecode have it.
> > >

> > > Todd Geist
> >

> --
> http://www.andregarzia.com All We Do Is Code.

Todd Geist