Dictionary usage and IDE hang

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri May 13 13:17:00 EDT 2011

On 5/12/11 11:53 PM, David Glass wrote:
> Yes, definitely something off about how/when stacks receive the focus.
>
> Most don't always receive focus when clicking in their content area,
> although sometimes they do.
>
> Sometimes, clicking the Title bar will give the focus to the window, and
> it is visually apparent (window widgets enable), sometimes the window
> will get the focus and the widgets will not enable, and sometimes the
> window won't receive the focus. In the final case, sometimes clicking on
> another window and then back on the Title bar will rectify the situation.
>
> Far too many 'sometimes'-es in there. :/

Yeah, that's the problem. You get it happening and then try to repeat it
and it doesn't do it again till next time. There's a bug report about it
though and I've added my comments to it. In the mean time I've just got
used to clicking directly on the titlebar when I want to switch windows,
which generally works okay.

The problem started 2 releases ago, on Macs only, when RR added support
for the "dirty" dot in the red close button in the titlebar. Before
that, all was as you'd expect.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com