Highlight list line on hover?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Thu May 12 10:29:57 EDT 2011

Hi Craig,
By mouse hover, I mean equivalent to the html/CSS mouseover http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouseover.
So, the requirement is for each line in a list field to automatically toggle its highlight to true as the mouse enters the line's UI area (perhaps a virtual 'rect') and false as the mouse leaves - all without any clicking. Klaus' script achieves this for a list field.

I just retried both John's and your scripts, to see if it was me...
• John's does not affect the default list field behaviour - the highlight changes only on mouseDown.
• Yours throws an error (which I didn't notice before, because I had other errors in the script) - on the second line, no target found

Maybe it's the use of the 'select' keyword, as according to the dictionary, this is used "to select an area of an image"?
Best,
Keith..