Menu Buttons

David Brooks dbrooks at unlserve.unl.edu
Wed May 11 12:01:56 EDT 2011

Thanks for the input and suggestions, but ----

the

set menuhistory ......

strategy works to accomplish the task. To deal with the problem of once set-never forget, I set the value to 99 with a second set menuhistory line in my list and had my handler do nothing with the choice was blank. So, any choice can be made and the history set to 99 ready for a new, real choice.

Since my goal is to step the user through a visual display of what they would actually see, I want to display that list, make a choice, and then have the action take place rather than just have the action take place -- which the set menuhistory works well for.

I still have the problem clicking on the button, displaying the list of options, but then needing a keyboard input rather than a scripted input to go further. There's probably something really simple about it that I'm missing. But, for example, just clicking anywhere in that list which is displayed through a script DOES NOT seem to work for me; actually clicking with a mouse DOES work. Once that list is on the screen, we must wait for something to happen. The controlling script stops. Once you do something (lots of things work), the script chugs along.

Best,

Dave B.