Need Assistance

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Mon May 9 16:53:58 EDT 2011

Hi.

What Chris said.

But even a simple application, whether the devil is in the coding or in the look and feel, requires a lot of work. Especially if you want it all to work nicely. If you are a beginner, you will need to do a lot of work, learning, before you even start to do a lot of work.

Where are you with the project? Is it (I hope) sort of working but not well? Or does not look the way you want it? If so, good news, this forum can really help.

If not, and you are just starting out, this still should not discourage you. It might only take weeks to get up to a level where you can start asking questions here that will greatly help you.

When you were assigned this task, did you already know LiveCode? Your question indicates to me that perhaps you did not. This is not a program, like Excel, where you can get going rapidly, within its limits, with a minimum of knowledge. It is a programming and authoring environment, where you can do anything you want to.

Craig Newman