SSH for Livecode

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon May 9 13:12:52 EDT 2011

SSH is built into all modern UNIX based systems. Putty is for Windows based systems (and Unix, but why you would use putty when it already has SSH I do not know). I thought about deploying Putty on all my windows devices a long time ago, but when I asked myself the question, "What can I do with it?" the answer came back, not much. Virtually all of the queries that can return anything can be done with WMI. PSExec, part of PSTools allows you to get a remote command shell into any Windows device with the firewall set up to accept connections over the right ports and valid local administrator credentials on the host device. Once you have that you can do almost anything.

Bob