Russian (UTF-8) in LC 4.6

Curt Ford curt at sonasoftware.com
Sun May 8 06:56:12 EDT 2011

Hello Slava,

One of my projects worked pretty well with Russian, but it involved mostly typing in Russian, saving to a file as HTMLText, and later reading in that HTMLText for display in fields. The one place that involved manipulating the strings directly ('exploding' the words to display individual letters separately) was kind of a pain, especially in expressions that included a space or any punctuation. You can get a sense of what I was able to do at

http://www.sonasoftware.com/vocab/

I hope the real Unicode support comes before too long - this issue is one of the main reasons I've started working in ObjectiveC for some projects.

Just in case you haven't seen it, Devin Asay has a nice summary at

http://www.runrev.com/developers/lessons-and-tutorials/tutorials/unicode-in-revolution/

best

Curt