Cannot use Message Box

paul foraker paul at whitefeather.com
Sat May 7 18:54:54 EDT 2011

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 1:47 PM, paul foraker <paul at whitefeather.com> wrote:

> Thanks, I just now tried that. The only stack with returnKey is revRotate
> and it's in a card script.

Turns out that the Find interface does not find all occurrences in the rev
stacks. I searched for rawKeyDown and it did not find the rawKeyDown in the
messagebox.rev stack.

So, I'm stumped. Something is trapping return and enter in my Message Box. I
can type Return and Enter in the Message Box results field, but not in the
command line. In the multiline Message Box, I can type Return in the command
lines field to enter more than one line of code, but Enter does nothing. The
modifier keys don't help.

This problem is happening on my iMac, 10.6.7, with all versions of Rev and
LiveCode on my drive. None of them has a functioning Message Box. I can type
in it, but cannot execute. I have no stacks in use, and no plugins loaded.

This is not happening on my laptop, also 10.6.7.

I can drag out a button and execute one-liners from that, but that's not
really an acceptable workaround. I'll send a request to support.

-- Paul

--

White Feather Software
www.whitefeather.com