command line examples

mwieder at ahsoftware.net mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri May 6 15:45:07 EDT 2011

 On Fri, 6 May 2011 08:10:52 -0700, Todd Geist
 <todd at geistinteractive.com> wrote:

> Is this just left over cruft?

 Well, the -h argument is used by the engine, so that's just wrong.
 However...
 Not only is this *not* just leftover cruft, but I have applications
 that *rely* on passing and parsing commandline arguments.
 Type

 livecode.x86 -h

 at a terminal prompt for the current list of arguments the engine will
 use. Any others should pass through verbatim.

 What I do for faceless apps is invoke a startup handler that ensures
 invisibility. I don't know if the -ui argument is still valid (even
 though it shows up in the list), as it throws an error if used by
 itself.

 on startup
   set the visible of this stack to false
 end startup