Convert Packet decimals comp-3 and comp-6

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Fri May 6 10:41:24 EDT 2011

I suspect the answer partly lies in knowing where the file originated from and where you are reading it from. (By where, I mean what computer/operating system.)

By the way, one thing that is easy to overlook is that if the file has come directly from an IBM Mainframe any character strings will most likely be EBCDIC encoded rather than ASCII and will need converting.

By the way, is this a one-off conversion or something that you want to do regularly?

Regards

Peter