Pre-Beta Help

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Thu May 5 21:19:51 EDT 2011

Folks,
A couple of months ago, I did a Livecode Live presentation on an LC utility
I'm working on that cuts out a lot of the coding work required to get SQL
dbs working with LC.  It's basically a library of behaviors and a couple of
front scripts that link groups/datagrids and controls/datagrid columns to
SQL tables and columns/expressions.  It automatically
selects/updates/deletes/inserts data, figures out JOIN statements between
tables, populates option menu/comboboxes, takes care of all the necessary
conversion between SQL storage formats and LC display formats and includes
automatic filtering of SQL data in datagrids.  My aim is to eliminate a
large portion of the need to write SQL statements and the LC code to manage
SQL databases.

Everything works quite nicely with the SQL dbs that I've designed but before
I put it our for beta, I'd really like to check it out against other SQL dbs
designed by other people - we all have our own ways of designing databases
and I want to make sure I've covered all the bases (no pun intended), or at
least the reasonable ones.

Right now, this is SQLite only so I'm primarily interested in SQLite schemas
but I do plan on extending it to mySQL so schemas of that ilk would also be
welcome.  If you have a schema you'd be prepared to send me for my own
testing, please email me off list.  I don't need any data from you, just the
CREATE statements that will allow me to create the tables, indexes, etc so I
can see what datatypes you use, how you set up primary keys, foreign keys,
indexes, db structural stuff of that nature..

Any help much appreciated,

Pete