how-to link to a video

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Thu May 5 10:32:59 EDT 2011

On May 5, 2011, at 9:56 AM, Nicolas Cueto wrote:

> Tried that too. But the player object stayed blank. Neither the copied
> url nor its tinyurl form seemed to have any effect on my stack.

Did it stay blue and 4:3, or turn black, and become 16:9?

Which version of LiveCode are you using?

I went further with my test. I made this stack script:

on openstack
   new player
   set the filename of player 1 to "http://tinyurl.com/3c7uwfn"
   play player 1
end openstack

It works in LC, but to get it to work in a browser I had to set the security setting for Network. Here's the revlet:

http://xfiles.funnygarbage.com/~colinholgate/rev/lcvid.html