how-to link to a video

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Thu May 5 08:40:31 EDT 2011

I did say you would need to scrape the page source, not the page URL. An easy way to go about that is to opt in to the HTML5 version of YouTube. Go here to do that:

http://www.youtube.com/html5

Once you have done that, look at any video and then see what URL is being played by the player. It should be reasonably easy to write a script that retrieves the page source and finds the place where that URL is listed, and then you can set the filename of a player to that address.

I just did that manually, and it worked. You can see for yourself. In a new stack place a player onto the card, and then type this in the message box:

set the filename of player 1 to "http://tinyurl.com/3c7uwfn"

Then Browse, and click the player's Play button.