Staying on a field

Nonsanity form at nonsanity.com
Wed May 4 10:52:22 EDT 2011

Just a comment on user interfaces, have you thought about using the common
technique of coloring a field's background red if it doesn't contain a valid
string? Move the test function into a handler that triggers on each key
press. This way the right/wrong state of the field is visible to the user at
all times. You can also disable buttons like Submit or Next Card or whatnot
if the user shouldn't be able to click them with any fields still red.

This interface style minimizes clicks and modal dialogs, while giving the
user much more information.

Just a thought. :)

 ~ Chris Innanen
 ~ Nonsanity