LC in Education

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Wed May 4 00:58:16 EDT 2011

Terry,

It's funny that you should mention Blackboard being awful.  It really IS
gawdawful!  I happened to be in my class early one day and several
students were trying to access my Moodle setup (on server space I rent
from Mark and paid him to install while I maintain) and they reported it
was down.  I messaged Mark, he checked it and said it came up fine for
him, then my students all reported it worked for them as well (signalling
a network error on our end), and then one of them remarked that my Moodle
site was far more reliable than the campus' Blackboard server that their
other instructors used and for which we pay a bazillion dollars to license
and another bazillion in IT costs to maintain.

Judy