the urlresponse ?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue May 3 11:33:08 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 8:03 PM, Todd Geist <todd at geistinteractive.com>wrote:

> I am working with web apis using the put URL tURL form. While looking
> through Trover's examples I found that he uses this property
>
> urlresponse
>
> to get the data from the response. This doesn't seem to be a Custom
> property. This seems to be a property like htttpHeaders, but I can not find
> any documentation on it anywhere.
>
> Can anyone help me clear this up?

The urlResponse is a global property that returns the data from the server
that the last libURL request received. This is the same information that is
returned in 'the result' for some URL commands. It was added so that you
could get the server response when performing PUT and DELETE requests. Very
helpful when working with RESTful APIs.

It doesn't appear to be in the docs though it was in the release notes at
one time.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems

LiveCode Resources for Developers: http://livecode.bluemangolearning.com

Get SQL Yoga as part of the Omegabundle for LiveCode 2011: Save 85% on
essential tools for LiveCode development - omegabundle.com.