novice question re "marked" and customkeys

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Thu Mar 31 19:35:21 EDT 2011

I think Tim wants many different and independent "marked" functions. The native marking system includes the abilities that are missing in using custom properties, say.

But maybe a slight change in usage would work. Since "go next marked card" is something the engine understands and manages, why not task the engine by using:

goNextBarkedCard

or

unBarkAllCards

These commands now can trigger custom handlers, with identical functionality, by checking custom properties (the "barked") of the cards. It is just a matter of using one long command instead of the native compound command. Needs a loop, and speed might be an issue, of course. But at least these things can become a natural part of your thinking, and extend the language.

Craig Newman