novice question re "marked" and customkeys

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Mar 31 16:31:16 EDT 2011

Okay I was going to make a demo stack of how to do this, but I have run across a problem someone was talking about earlier and I didn't get it then but I sure do now!

In a button as part of a background group on a card I have:

On mouseUp
   put the id of this card into theFirstCard
   go next
   put the id of this card into theNextCard
end mouseUp

THEY ARE BOTH THE SAME!!!!! How can that be? How can I get the ID of the CARD THAT IS CURRENTLY SHOWING? Not the CARD THAT THIS SCRIPT STARTED AT? (not shouting just capitalizing for emphasis).

Bob