Very slow in edit mode

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Mar 30 13:06:00 EDT 2011

home wrote:
 >> Kev, on the off-chance that you may have exceeded the number
 >> of datagrids on a single card that anyone has tested, I would
 >> duplicate your stack and then remove one or more until things
 >> appear to function more timely.
 >>
 >> Just a thought!
 >
 > Thanks Joe, I deleted them one by one and it gradually got better and
 > better.  When they were all gone it was going like a beoing.
 >
 > So the problem definitely seams to be related to the datagrids
 > somehow.
 >
 > However, I've created another card with the same number of datagrids
 > on it and that seams to work OK though, so I don't think it can be
 > the datagrids themselves that are causing the problem ?

In the new test stack had you used the DGs?

When a DG is populated it created potentially hundreds of controls, and
when interacting with any objects the engine needs to do hit-testing
across many if not most of them.  This is especially challenging during
drags, since the hit region is changing dynamically.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World