Incredibly slow revlet in Win 7

paul foraker paul at whitefeather.com
Wed Mar 30 05:14:43 EDT 2011

Here's some more information from my user:

My system is generally superfast, being a fast quad processor, with 8GB of
RAM and an SSD drive.  I updated the video drivers yesterday and as
mentioned, refreshed the operating system last week.  I am running 64 bit
Windows 7.  I have not yet updated to Service Pack 1.

Just ran another test while watching performance indicators on my system.
 Everything remained quite quiet.  There was networking activity of about
35K bytes/second.  But speedtest.net just reported my overall speed of
22Mbps downstream and 4Mbps upstream, so 35K isn't pushing any limits on my
network.

The big time chunk is before the revlet loading page even shows up.  Once
the revlet starts loading it is only a few seconds until I am ready to
login.