Live LiveCode event #16 (Wrapup)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Mar 29 22:23:12 EDT 2011

On 3/29/11 9:10 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:

> On Mar 29, 2011, at 9:55 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>> All other sites work. In fact, the pages you posted with the event
>> videos have flash ads running just fine next to the black boxes
>> that won't load. While I was looking at a black rectangle, a Legos
>> Star Wars ad was irritating me just to the right.
>
> Maybe that's your issue, impatience. The site is ad sponsored, you
> have to wait for the ad to finish before the stream will start.

Nothing starts. It is just a black rectangle. There is no loading circle
with chasing arrows, no controller, no frame, there is no activity at
all. Right-clicking produces a contextual menu, no items of which work
and none of which are initially selected. Above the rectangle it says
"Channel is offline." The message isn't there on my MacBook.

Now that I've seen it on my MacBook I know what to look for. There
should at least be the white chasing arrows to start, followed by the
frame loading, then the controller, then the ad video. I don't get any
of that.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com