best data format

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Mar 28 21:13:34 EDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 8:09 PM, Todd Geist <todd at geistinteractive.com>wrote:

> My question is what is the best format to use as my "local" copy of the
> data? I
>
> Should I just leave it as XML, or TAB, or should I convert it to an array?

I agree with Kee. The format I prefer is arrays since I can store any type
of data in them without worrying it the data contains a tab, etc.

I think working with XML via the revXML API is kind of a pain so I wrote
some routines to perform the conversion between array and XML.
I use them all of the time when working with web services. I grab the XML
data from the website and then convert to an array for use within LiveCode.
When posting data back I create an array, pass it through the converter and
then send it off to the web service.

Last week I posted a stack with the handlers to RevOnline. Perhaps they will
be of help.

http://revonline2.runrev.com/stack/571/XMLAndArrays

--
Trevor DeVore