best data format

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Mon Mar 28 20:43:21 EDT 2011

I tend to convert the data into the format that is easiest for me to use.

If the data supports it I create one variable with rows delimited by a return, and the columns delimited by a tab. Then if I set the itemdelimiter to tab, I can get item y of line x of the data.

If I am going to pull it from the database and then modify it and put it back into the database, I tend to keep it in the format the database has it so that putting it back into the database is easy.

Kee Nethery