Control ID problem

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Mar 27 23:24:35 EDT 2011

On 3/27/11 2:27 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> - When is the defaultStack property taken into account when
> referencing a control?

It should be as you expected. The control's reference should be
evaluated in terms of the defaultstack.

However... I just tried your original script statement and it fails no
matter what the default stack is, or even if you don't bother setting
the defaultstack at all. I.e., this fails even when the default stack is
the current topstack, and there is only one stack open:

  put the name of control id 1

I think it's invalid syntax. These work:

   put the name of control 1
   put the id of control 1

But any reference to "control id x" fails. So the issue isn't the
defaultstack at all.

>- When the defaultStack property is not used,
> which stack is assumed and is there a property that refers to it?

If no stack is specified as the default, the topstack is used.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com