Control ID problem - even stranger

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 19:46:22 EDT 2011

A stack file and a stack are not the same thing.
  There could be duplicate short id's, but not duplicate long id's.

You need to be careful about making copies of stacks using 'Save As'
and then defining them as substacks of the same main stack.  This is a
legal process, but LC does not scan objects to check for duplicate
id's ( in this case, there would be 3 stacks that could have duplicate
short id's, but not duplicate long id's )

The archives have numerous threads on this and related topics.
There are definitely bugs in certain operations, especially when using
images.

Hope this helps.

On Mar 25, 2011, at 4:12 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> While looking into this further, I have discovered what I think is
> another anomaly.  I have two substacks of the same main stack with
> one card in each one.  Each card has one group on it - the two
> groups have the same short ID.
>
> The dictionary says that IDs "are guaranteed to be unique within a
> stack" - I had assumed that no two controls within the same stack
> file could have the same ID but either that's not true or there's a
> bug somewhere that caused these two groups to have the same ID.
>
> At this point, I think I will delete all these substacks and start
> over to see if I still get the same issues.  This is a test stack so
> not that many controls on them.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas