Datagrid question

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 19:57:39 EDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 8:58 PM, Klaus on-rev <klaus at major.on-rev.com> wrote:
> Hi friends,

Hi Klaus,

> is it possible to create a datagrid FORM that can act like 2 or more
> independant "clickable" "Cells?" (separate row "wannabees") in one row?

Yes

> Know what I mean? Something like this mockup:
> <http://www.major-k.de/temp/DataGridsRows.jpg>
>
> Any hints, tricks, hacks welcome :-)

A possible way is to edit the template of the dg form for adding
severals buttons or images controls, acting as "cells".

In the row behavior you should have 2 main handlers:

1. Fillindata for displaying the corresponding data for the cell

Example using images in files

on FillInData pDataArray
   local tImagePath1, tImagePath2

   put pDataArray["file path 1"] into tImagePath1
   put pDataArray["file path 2"] into tImagePath2

   if (tImagePath1 is not empty) then
      put URL "binfile:" & tImagePath1 into tImageData
      put tImageData into image "New image1" of me
   end if
   if (tImagePath2 is not empty) then
      put URL "binfile:" & tImagePath2 into tImageData
      put tImageData into image "New image2" of me
   end if

   set the text of field "Label1" of me to pDataArray["Image label 1"]
   set the text of field "Label2" of me to pDataArray["Image label 2"]
end FillInData

2. MouseUp

on mouseUp pTheButton
   if (pTheButton is 1) then
      switch the short name of the target
         case "New image1"
            answer "Add your action here"
            break
         case "New image2"
            answer "Add your action here"
            break
         case "New image3"
            answer "Add your action here"
            break
      end switch
   end if
end mouseUp

Note DGH could be on some help with that. You are welcome to download
it, the DGH trial version is free to use for 30 days and could give
you some help in your journey.

http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&download=17:data-grid-helper-plugin&id=12:trial&Itemid=63

Best,
--