Revlet - how to get back to the main stack from a substack?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 12:24:22 EDT 2011

After further research, I discover that the current browser plugin requires revlet stacks to be the same size. So, there is no way to mock-up web page pop-up dialogue boxes or lightbox effects other than to create full-size pages with dark backgrounds - much as when using PowerPoint/Keynote, etc.

Consequently, there is little benefit in using sub-stacks to manage the sizes and backgrounds of various different dialogue windows in the early stages of prototyping. Rather, groups (that may become discrete stack backgrounds in due course) can be copied across cards within a single revlet stack.

So, after copying my various substack pages into the main stack (which now becomes the only stack) navigation is purely between cards, which seems to be much easier.

So much for the LiveCode philosophy of developing once and then simply deploying to the appropriate platform! Maybe this will change if a new browser plugin is released(?)
Best,
Keith..