combobox

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Mar 21 04:28:16 EDT 2011

On 21/03/11 3:04 PM, "Kee Nethery" <kee at kagi.com> wrote:

> On Mar 20, 2011, at 7:46 PM, Terry Judd wrote:

>> On 21/03/11 12:38 PM, "Kee Nethery" <kee at kagi.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Terry,
>>>
>>> Actually I'm at the point of one step forward two steps back.
>>>
>>> I appear to be unable to put the return delimited list into the combobox
>>> more
>>> than a couple of times. I've tried all of these variations of the script to
>>> alter the combobox text:
>>>
>>> put theList into me
>>> put theList into button "myComboBox"
>>> put theList into field "myComboBox" of button "myComboBox"
>>> put theList into field "myComboBox"
>>
>> I think you should be setting the text of the button.
>
> set the text of button "myComboBox" to theList
>
> Good suggestion, but it crashed.

Well, that's a real problem. FWIW I can't reproduce a crash here in 4.5.3
(Mac) or 4.5.1 (Win).

I've just tried a slightly more sophisticated version of my test routine
(that is more like the situation you originally outlined) and it all works
fine. I'm using a list of words in a field as a starting point rather than a
database, so is there any chance you have some dodgy or unexpected
characters/linebreaks/encoding that might be throwing a spanner in the
works?

Terry...

--
Dr Terry Judd | Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Medical Education Unit