SQL and other databases

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 15:57:35 EDT 2011

Maybe I'm a bit naive when it comes to databases,
but I have all the children and their parents and so on, in
a database that consists of a Livecode stack and nothing
else.

But then, in 1989 I had all the kids at Madrasa Emirat al-Khasa
school, Al Ain, UAE in a database written and run on my BBC Master
and stored on a single 800 kb floppy disc; so anything after that
has got to seem better.

So, I am really interested to know why so many folk seem interested in using
Livecode to write database front-ends rather than using Livecode for the
database as such.

One of Bill Atkinson's initial premises was to make Hypercard non-linear, so
setting up a relational database should be 'pips'.

sincerely, Richmond.